- Sterileyes® Antibacterial Protection
- Reusable 365+ times
- Moist heat
- Hot and cold treatment
- Oven / Microwave / Freezer
- Removable, washable cover
- Adjustable strap
- Storage bag
- Eyelid wipes
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE THE EYE DOCTOR®?
Most patients should benefit from applying The Eye Doctor® and performing eyelid massage (refer to Step 2 – Eyelid Massage Procedure) twice a day for two weeks. This can be reduced to once a day and then a couple of times a week as required, once symptoms have been alleviated.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR EYELID HYGIENE
Good quality tears operate best when a thin layer of oil seals the eyelid to the eye, preventing excessive evaporation of the tears. This oil comes from the glands in the eyelids. A major symptom of Dry Eye Disease occurs when these oils thicken from the natural smooth oil to a buttery consistency.
3 STEPS ARE REQUIRED
- Heating of the eyelids externally – do this by using your Eye Doctor® in accordance with the instructions. This will allow the buttery oil to melt and become liquid again.
- Cleansing of some of the melted oil from the glands by following the Eyelid Massage Procedure allowing the glands to produce healthy oil again.
- Cleaning the base of the eyelashes – this reduces the build-up of bacteria which can be responsible for some of the symptoms.
Download full details about this fantastic The Eye Doctor Eyelid Hygiene product.