REDUCED REFLECTIONS. HELPING YOU BETTER ESTIMATE DISTANCES.
Unfavourable weather, poor light conditions, irritating glare (e.g. from the headlights of oncoming cars, street lamps or reflections off the wet street) and shifting your viewing focus quickly and often are potential visual challenges for many drivers.
The design of ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses accommodates drivers’ special visual needs.
DriveSafe Lenses help you:
- judge distances and driving situations more quickly
- improve your vision at night
- reduce irritations caused by reflected lights and ensure you can quickly and easily adjust your viewing focus to your driving surroundings
ZEISS DriveSafe lenses are a visual dream come true for many drivers:
- You can wear DriveSafe lenses like normal glasses for the entire day and benefit from these features for a safe driving experience
- Enjoy an increasingly relaxed mindset when driving, with better vision in challenging light conditions
- Experience less glare from oncoming car lights and patchy light from street lamps
- For progressive lens wearers:
optimum vision when looking at the road, the dashboard, the rear-view mirror and the side mirrors
FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS A MORE RELAXED DRIVING EXPERIENCE
Whether we drive a lot or a little, good vision while driving is important to all of us. Driving in bad weather and tricky conditions is uncomfortable and stressful for many people. The demands placed on the optimum driving glasses are very similar.
Drivers who wear glasses would like to have:
- Better vision in bad weather, at night or at dawn or dusk less glare fewer vision problems when shifting focus
- DriveSafe meets this need for single vision and progressive lenses.
Glasses with DriveSafe lenses are intended for everyday use and can be worn for the entire day
GLASSES FOR EVERYDAY USE WITH A MASSES OF ZEISS KNOW-HOW
ZEISS Luminance Design™ technology
ZEISS DriveSafe features an optimised lens design that takes into account the size of our pupils in poor light. There is one lens design for single vision lenses and one for progressives. The result: improved and unimpaired vision when driving in poor light.
ZEISS DuraVision DriveSafe lens coating
With DriveSafe, ZEISS has used a special new coating to take into account the many different situations during driving when our eyes are confronted with glare. The DuraVision® DriveSafe coating by ZEISS partially reflects wavelengths in the high-energy, visible portion of the blue light spectrum, including the band around the wavelength of 450 nm. DuraVision® DriveSafe Coating by ZEISS therefore reduces discomfort glare by up to 64%* compared to premium AR coatings.
*With DuraVision DriveSafe 64% less test drivers reported issues with glare with the new coating than with other premium AR coatings.
ZEISS DriveSafe lens design for progressives
ZEISS offers a special design to make driving with progressive lenses more comfortable and safer. The optimised vision zones make it easier for the eyes to refocus when moving between the road ahead and the dashboard and the rear view or side mirrors. Horizontal movements of the head are reduced. At the same time, the near zone is designed so that DriveSafe glasses can be worn all day long – they are also suitable for other activities, including reading.