HOYA EnRoute – the driving lens that takes you places
EnRoute lenses are designed specifically for motorists, minimising the stress on the visual system, providing a more comfortable driving experience. Combining a premium single vision or progressive lens design with a specially developed Glare Filter and an optional contrast-enhancing filter. HOYA’s dedicated EnRoute lenses offer clear, contrast-rich vision in the far distance, of the dashboard and in mirrors. Drivers can feel comfortable and confident on the road, whatever the weather or time of day.
Hoya consultation data shows that driving is one of the most important activities in our daily lives. Our eyes are required to process huge amounts of visual data and to shift viewing focus quickly and often. Depth perception, the ability to distinguish colour and peripheral vision are all decreased and then blue light emitted by on-board equipment further reduces visual acuity.
However, there is a more important consideration: 90% of a driver’s reaction time depends on vision, so impaired vision means slower reaction times. On the road, the situation can change instantly, becoming dangerous in the blink of an eye without the correct eyewear.
With EnRoute, patients benefit from:
- Reduced glare and reflections from oncoming traffic and streetlights
- Better contrast and brightness experience while driving in low light conditions
- Clear vision in the far distance, the dashboard and in mirrors
- Easy switching between distances
- Relaxed and comfortable driving
EnRoute Pro – for the real road professionals
For professional drivers, Hoya has developed EnRoute Pro. It offers all the benefits of EnRoute and adds:
- A contrast-enhancing filter for improved contrast and colour perception, and even better glare reduction
- A lens design that considers both the wearer’s vision and viewing distance to the dashboard, for a natural, relaxed driving posture